Camp Health, Hope and Happiness is looking to have dedicated individuals to join our team. Camp He Ho Ha is located on Lake Isle, 85km West of Edmonton and is proud to provide a summer camping experience for people with disabilities as well as a year round conference center for the general public. Our facility has several dorm style cabins and hotel style accommodations as well as multiple meeting rooms. We have approximately 7 full time staff and an average of 8-15 part time staff.
The Operations Manager is responsible for successful leadership and management of the daily operations of Camp He Ho Ha.
Responsibilities and Duties
Leadership and management
- Collaborate with the Executive Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- Operationalize strategic direction, incorporating goals and objectives which reflects the strategic direction of the organization
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with employees of Camp Health, Hope and Happiness
- Consistent and ongoing communications with Executive Director
Human resources planning and management
- Ongoing determination of staffing requirements (from recruitments to terminations).
- Implementation and maintenance of human resources policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintaining a positive, healthy and safe work environment in line with legislation and regulations.
- Oversee / implement new staff orientation and training.
- Implement a performance management process (annual performance review etc.).
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
Financial planning and management
- Work with staff and the Executive Director to prepare and monitor a comprehensive annual budget for selective departments
- Funds development strategize revenue streams
- Plan and operationalize fundraisers
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Executive Director
- Regular reports to the Executive Director on the revenues and expenditures of the organization
- Adaptability: Flexibility, versatility and tolerance in a changing work environment
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour, business practices, in alignment with values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Innovation: Develop new ways to improve operations of the organization
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results in the best interests of the organization
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine priority, risk, and make appropriate decisions
- Organize: Set priorities, monitor progress toward goals, track details, data, and activities
- Plan: Strategize, move the organization forward with goal setting and implementation
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations generate possible solutions
- Think Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions