Arts and Crafts Facilitator / Resource
May 11th – August 24th, 2017
CAMP HEALTH, HOPE & HAPPINESS (Camp He Ho Ha)
Camp Health, Hope & Happiness, Alberta’s leading summer recreational facility for individuals with mental and disabilities is seeking Resource, both male and female, for the season beginning May 11th and continuing through to August 24th, 2017. Camp Health, Hope & Happiness is a residential camp where campers and staff are on site 24/7 during their 6 day stay.
As a Resource staff, you are responsible for participation, in full, of the mandatory 3-Day Resource Orientation and the 11-Day Summer Staff Orientation running May 11th – 24th. Your term of employment is from May 11th to August 24th, 2017.
Arts & Crafts Resource: The individual selected for this position will be creative, innovative and resourceful as well as possess a love for challenges and an ability to instruct. Duties will require the arts and crafts resource to plan, prepare for and facilitate an arts and crafts program to a wide range of ages and abilities for both male and female genders. Adaptability is a must!!! The Arts and Crafts Resource is also responsible for planning and organizing nightly evening programs with the other resource team members, as well as other various camp wide programs that are run throughout the week.
Dedicated individuals committed to the personal care and recreational needs of persons with special needs will find these positions both challenging and rewarding. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Personal experience with people with special needs, sign language, arts & crafts, performing arts and leadership would be an asset but not necessary.
A current standard first aide and Level C CPR certificate (that will not expire during the work term) and the completion of a clear Police Criminal Clearance Check is required by date of employment.
Resource – $7620.00 for the term of employment (before taxes). Accommodations are provided for the term of employment listed above. Meals will be provided during camp days.
JOB DESCRIPTION – ARTS AND CRAFTS RESOURCE
- To abide by the Camp Philosophy that “Campers Come First”.
- Responsible for the Arts & Crafts area, procedures and programming before the start of each camp.
- Responsible for the organization of arts and crafts supplies.
- Responsible for inventory and ordering supplies and equipment while keeping within a budget for the area.
- Maintain Arts & Crafts building in a neat, orderly fashion including a major clean-up at the end of each camp.
- To define a procedure that will comply with reasonable supply requests from other staff members.
- To offer a variety of activities geared to camper’s interests, encouraging independence and skill development.
- Plan appropriate and substantial crafts for 5 cabins keeping in mind both male and female genders.
- Other duties as needed.
- To attend meetings scheduled by the Camp Coordinators.
- Directly responsible to the Camp Coordinators.
JOB DESCRIPTION – RESOURCE SHARED DUTIES
- Responsible for all afternoon/evening activities as well as special programs.
- To plan and prepare all details of camp wide activities and evening programs as well as host each event as a co-main facilitator.
- Work equally as a team to plan themes and programs for each camp week.
- For every camp, hand out an information sheet to each cabin explaining the upcoming week’s programs, including: explanations, locations, expectations of counselors, timelines, etc.
- Maintain good communication with counseling staff and remain open to suggestions and ideas.
- Consult with the camp coordinators in advance to arrange for special items, meals, themes, etc. required for a program.
To apply please fill out a Staff Application form located in the left-hand side of this page (Apply for a Job Online link)
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Visit our Summer Camp links by clicking on the CAMP LINKS below. There you can learn more about camp life, camp schedules and so much more! If you have any questions feel free to contact us:
Summer Camp Coordinator
Phone: (780) 429-3277, Ext. 240