Assistant Summer Camp Coordinator
May 11th – August 24th, 2017
CAMP HEALTH, HOPE & HAPPINESS (CAMP HE HO HA)
Camp Health, Hope & Happiness, Alberta’s leading summer recreational facility for individuals with mental and physical disabilities is seeking an Assistant Summer Camp Coordinator for the season beginning May 11th and continuing through to August 24th, 2017. Camp Health, Hope & Happiness is a residential camp where campers and staff are on site 24/7 during their 6 day stay.
The term of employment is from May 11th to August 24th, 2017.
Dedicated individuals committed to the personal care and recreational needs of persons with disabilities will find this position both challenging and rewarding. Applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age. Applicants must have extensive experience with people with disabilities as well as leadership and management experience. Experience with camping, sign language, arts & crafts, out-tripping, water sports and performing arts would be an asset but not necessary. A current standard first aide and Level C CPR certificate (that will not expire during the work term) and the completion of a clear Police Criminal Clearance Check is required by date of employment.
Assistant Summer Camp Coordinator – $10,120.00 for the term of employment (before taxes). Accommodations are provided for the term of employment listed above. Meals will be provided during camp days.
- Abide by the Camp philosophy, “Campers Come First”.
- Assist in the preparation of the summer staff orientation.
- To assist in facilitating various sessions of the summer staff orientation.
- Process and screen camper applications as necessary.
- Responsible for any necessary camper data entry such as medical forms, etc.
- To make any necessary phone calls regarding a camper’s application, payment, or required documents prior to their camp commencing.
- Prepare necessary paperwork on a weekly basis for upcoming camps.
- Act as a resource to summer staff regarding camper care and management.
- Communicate with the Summer Camp Coordinator regarding any pertinent issues that require attention.
- To provide feedback to summer staff on both an informal and formal basis throughout the summer.
- To coordinate the check in of campers as well as deal with any concerns that caregivers or parents may have.
- To assist Team Leaders with resolving individual staff issues or team issues.
- To monitor the duties performed by the climbing wall/admin assistant.
- Assist the Summer Camp Coordinator with the allocation of staff resources throughout the summer.
- To summarize staff timesheets and submit them to the Office Administrator.
- Monitor end of camp cabin cleanup and cabin preparation for upcoming camps.
- Generate a functional schedule for each of the 10 summer camps.
- Ensure all paperwork is gathered and filed at the end of each camp.
- Assist with any escalated camper behaviors beyond the cabin staffs abilities.
- To ensure cabin procedures are being followed and the needs of all campers are being met.
- Ensure the summer camp program areas are cleaned, organized and ready to be turned over to the rental coordinator at the end of the camping season.
- Update various documents at the end of the camping season in preparation for the following summer.
- To attend meetings called by either the Summer Camp Coordinator or the Executive Director.
- Directly responsible to the Summer Camp Coordinator.
To apply please fill out a Staff Application form located in the left-hand side of this page (Apply for a Job Online link)
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Visit our Summer Camp links by clicking on the CAMP LINKS below. There you can learn more about camp life, camp schedules and so much more! If you have any questions feel free to contact us:
Summer Camp Coordinator
Phone: (780) 429-3277, Ext. 240