Climbing Wall Facilitator / Resource / Administrator
May 9th – August 19th, 2018
CAMP HEALTH, HOPE & HAPPINESS (Camp He Ho Ha)
Camp Health, Hope & Happiness, Alberta’s leading summer recreational facility for individuals with mental and disabilities is seeking Resource, both male and female, for the season beginning May 9th and continuing through to August 19th, 2018. Camp Health, Hope & Happiness is a residential camp where campers and staff are on site 24/7 during their 6 day stay.
As a Resource staff, you are responsible for participation, in full, of the mandatory 3-Day Resource Orientation and the 9-Day Summer Staff Orientation running May 9th – 19th. Your term of employment is from May 9th to August 19th, 2018.
Climbing Wall and Ropes Course Facilitator / Administrator / Resource: “The Summit” is a 40 foot 3-sided climbing wall, with a high ropes course, zip line and wheelchair accessible low ropes course. This individual would facilitate camper climbing activities on the climbing wall. Previous facilitation experience would be an asset but not necessary. The other tasks for this individual would include some administrative duties required such as filing, data entry, etc. The “resource” responsibilities of this position include planning and organizing nightly evening as well as other various camp wide programs that are run throughout the week with the other resource team members.
Dedicated individuals committed to the personal care and recreational needs of persons with special needs will find these positions both challenging and rewarding. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age. This individual must be physically able to lift and carry up to 100lbs. Personal experience with people with special needs, sign language, arts & crafts, performing arts and leadership would be an asset but not necessary.
A current standard first aide and Level C CPR certificate (that will not expire during the work term) and the completion of a clear Police Criminal Clearance Check is required by date of employment.
Resource – $7620.00 for the term of employment (before taxes). Accommodations are provided for the term of employment listed above. Meals will be provided during camp days.
JOB DESCRIPTION – CLIMBING WALL / ADMINISTRATOR/ RESOURCE
Climbing Wall Facilitation:
- Facilitating campers on the climbing wall, zip line and ropes course.
- To facilitate team building and challenge activities for campers.
- Provide maintenance to the Climbing Wall, including tightening holds, and caring for the equipment.
- Preparing climbing wall ropes, and equipment for participants.
- Ensure all participants are climbing or using equipment in a safe manner.
- Instruct users on proper use of equipment, and how to wear harnesses and helmets.
- Provide encouragement and positive feedback to participants.
- Other duties as needed.
- Attend meetings called by the Camp Coordinators or Executive Director.
- Directly responsible to the Camp Coordinators.
- Data entry, filing, etc.
- Any other duties required by the Camp Coordinators.
JOB DESCRIPTION – RESOURCE SHARED DUTIES
- Responsible for all afternoon/evening activities as well as special programs.
- To plan and prepare all details of camp wide activities and evening programs as well as host each event as a co-main facilitator.
- Work equally as a team to plan themes and programs for each camp week.
- For every camp, hand out an information sheet to each cabin explaining the upcoming week’s programs, including: explanations, locations, expectations of counselors, timelines, etc.
- Maintain good communication with counseling staff and remain open to suggestions and ideas.
- Consult with the camp coordinators in advance to arrange for special items, meals, themes, etc. required for a program.
To apply please fill out a Staff Application form located in the left-hand side of this page (Apply for a Job Online link)
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 22, 2018
Visit our Summer Camp links by clicking on the CAMP LINKS below. There you can learn more about camp life, camp schedules and so much more! If you have any questions feel free to contact us:
Summer Camp Coordinator
Phone: (780) 429-3277, Ext. 240