May 11th – August 19th, 2018
CAMP HEALTH, HOPE & HAPPINESS (Camp He Ho Ha)
Camp Health, Hope & Happiness, Alberta’s leading summer recreational facility for individuals with mental and physical disabilities is seeking Counseling Lifeguards, both male and female, for the season beginning May 11th and continuing through to August 19th, 2018. Camp Health, Hope & Happiness is a residential camp where campers and staff are on site 24/7 during their 6 day stay.
The Counseling Lifeguard, is responsible for participation, in full, of the mandatory 9-Day Summer Staff Orientation running May 11th – 19th. The term of employment is from May 11th to August 19th, 2018.
Dedicated individuals committed to the personal care and recreational needs of persons with special needs will find these positions both challenging and rewarding. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Personal experience with people with special needs, sign language, arts & crafts, water sports (I.e. canoeing, paddle boating, fishing), performing arts and leadership would be an asset but not necessary.
A current standard first aide and Level C CPR certificate and NLS certificate (that will not expire during the work term) and the completion of a clear Police Criminal Clearance Check is required by date of employment.
Counseling Lifeguard – $7620.00 for the term of employment (before taxes). Accommodations are provided for the term of employment listed above. Meals will be provided during camp days.
JOB DESCRIPTION – COUNSELING LIFEGUARD
- Abide by the Camp philosophy, “Campers Come First”.
- Responsible for “Welcome to Our Pool” session during Summer Staff Orientation.
- Responsible for organizing pool procedures and programming before the start of camp.
- Responsible for doing water tests as required.
- Responsible for the safety and supervision of campers and to enforce safety regulations.
- To offer a variety of activities geared to camper’s interests, encouraging independence and skill development.
- To attend meetings called by the Camp Coordinators.
- Directly responsible to the cabin Team Leader.
To follow the Camp Counselor job description when not in program area. Please refer to the Camp Counselor job description for more details.
To apply please fill out a Staff Application form located in the left-hand side of this page (Apply for a Job Online link)
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 22, 2018
Visit our Summer Camp links by clicking on the CAMP LINKS below. There you can learn more about camp life, camp schedules and so much more! If you have any questions feel free to contact us:
Summer Camp Coordinator
Phone: (780) 429-3277, Ext. 240