Barge Driving Resource
May 11th – August 19th, 2022
Camp Health, Hope & Happiness, Alberta’s leading summer recreational facility for individuals with mental and physical disabilities is seeking a Barge Driving Resource person, for the season beginning May 11th and continuing through to August 19th, 2022. Camp Health, Hope & Happiness is a residential camp where campers and staff are on site 24/7 during their 6 day stay.
As a Barge Driving Resource staff, you are responsible for participation, in full, of the mandatory 3-Day Resource Orientation and the 9-Day Summer Staff Orientation running May 11th – 21st. Your term of employment is from May 11th to August 19th, 2022.
Barge Driving Resource: The individual selected for this position will be creative, innovative, and resourceful as well as possess a love for challenges and have an ability to instruct. Duties will require the Barge Driving Resource to plan, prepare for and facilitate a program on the 20-foot barge to engage the campers for an hour-long ride around the lake. Our campers are a range of ages and abilities. Adaptability is a must!!! The Barge Driving Resource is also responsible for planning and organizing nightly evening programs with the other resource team members, as well as other various camp wide programs that are run throughout the week. The Barge Driving Resource duties will also include luggage transportation.
Dedicated individuals committed to the personal care and recreational needs of persons with special needs will find these positions both challenging and rewarding. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age. This individual MUST have a driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract submitted for employment. Personal experience with people with special needs, sign language, arts & crafts, performing arts and leadership would be an asset but not necessary.
A current standard first aid and Level C CPR certificate (that will not expire during the work term) a complete clear Police Criminal Clearance Check (with vulnerability sector) and a driver’s abstract is required by date of employment. A driver’s license and a boating license is mandatory for this position.
Resource – $8220.00 for the term of employment (before taxes). Accommodations are provided for the mandatory orientation and the full term of employment listed above. Meals will be provided during camp days.
JOB DESCRIPTION – BARGE DRIVING RESOURCE
- To abide by the Camp Philosophy that “Campers Come First”.
- Responsible for the Barge and Boat House area, procedures and programming before the start of each camp.
- Responsible for transporting camper luggage from Edmonton to Camp He Ho Ha in a cube truck.
- Responsible for the organization of fishing and water safety supplies.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and equipment while keeping within a budget.
- To offer a variety of activities geared to camper’s interests, encouraging independence and skill development.
- Plan appropriate and substantial programs for 5 cabins with attention to adapting and interests.
- Other duties as needed.
- To attend meetings scheduled by the Camp Coordinators.
- Directly responsible to the Camp Coordinators.
JOB DESCRIPTION – RESOURCE SHARED DUTIES
- Responsible for all camp wide afternoon/evening activities as well as special programs.
- To plan and prepare all details of camp wide activities and evening programs as well as host each event as a co-main facilitator.
- Work equally as a team to plan themes and programs for each camp week.
- For every camp, hand out an information sheet to each cabin explaining the upcoming week’s programs including; activity explanation, locations, expectations of counselors, timelines, etc.
- Maintain good communication with counseling staff and remain open to suggestions and ideas.
- Consult with the camp coordinators in advance to arrange for supplies, food items, themes, etc. required for a program.
To apply please fill out a Staff Application form by clicking “Apply Online” in the links near the title of this page.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 18th, 2022.