Counseling Team Leader
May 11th – August 19th, 2022
Camp Health, Hope & Happiness, Alberta’s leading summer recreational facility for individuals with mental and physical disabilities is seeking Counseling Team Leaders for the season beginning May 11th and continuing through to August 19th, 2022. Camp Health, Hope & Happiness is a residential camp where campers and staff are on site 24/7 during their 6 day stay.
Counseling Team Leaders are responsible for participation, in full, of the mandatory 3-Day Counseling Team Leader Orientation and the 9-Day Summer Staff Orientation running May 11th – 21st. The term of employment is from May 11th to August 19th, 2022.
Dedicated individuals committed to the personal care and recreational needs of persons with special needs will find these positions both challenging and rewarding. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age and have extensive experience with people with special needs as well as leadership experience. Experience with camping, sign language, arts & crafts, out-tripping, water sports and performing arts would be an asset but not necessary.
A current standard first aid and Level C CPR certificate (that will not expire during the work term) and the completion of a clear Police Criminal Clearance Check is required by date of employment.
Counseling Team Leaders – $10,200.00 for the term of employment (before taxes). Accommodations are provided for the term of employment listed above. Meals will be provided during camp days.
JOB DESCRIPTION – COUNSELING TEAM LEADER
- Abide by the Camp philosophy, “Campers Come First”.
- Directly supervise a cabin of 5 counseling staff and 16 campers.
- Act as a resource in the cabin regarding camper care and behaviour management.
- To generate ENTHUSIASM and IDEAS for all camp activities and to encourage all members of the team to do the same.
- To deliver camper health records to the Camp Coordinators.
- To coordinate greeting campers on the first day of each camp.
- The team leader will ensure all information is organized and posted:
- Break/dorm duty Schedule
- BM Charts, Personal Care Chart, lotion chart, seizure chart, etc.
- Submit the break/dorm duty schedule to the Camp Coordinators on the last day of each camp for the upcoming camp.
- To ensure that staff are receiving in-the-moment feedback to meet job expectations
- Provide formal evaluations of the counselors on a scheduled basis
- To ensure that cabin meetings with the counsellors, whether formal or informal are held daily to prevent communication breakdown.
- To ensure that the cabin staff is participating in keeping facility clean.
- To monitor procedures and problems and to bring any problems or difficulties to the Camp Coordinators.
- To bring any health concerns (camper or staff) to the attention of the Camp Nurses. If the staff will be missing programs or other camp time because of illness, notify the Nurse and the Camp Coordinators.
- To ensure cabin procedures are being followed and responsibilities are being delegated for tuck, dorm duty, cabin clean up, laundry, paperwork, cabin activities and cabin preparations.
- To attend meeting called by either the Camp Coordinators or the Executive Director.
- Directly responsible to the Camp Coordinators.
- Expected to follow the Camp Counselor job description as well. Please refer to the Camp Counselor job description for more detail.
To apply please fill out a Staff Application form by clicking “Apply Online” in the links near the top of this page.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 18th, 2022.