Virtual Camp Counsellor
May 3 – August 30, 2021
CAMP HEALTH, HOPE & HAPPINESS
(Camp He Ho Ha)
Camp Health, Hope & Happiness, Alberta’s leading summer recreational facility for individuals with mental and physical disabilities is seeking a Virtual Camp Counsellor for the season beginning May 3, 2021 and continuing through to August 30, 2021.
To work collaboratively with the summer camp coordinator to organize, schedule, plan and facilitate virtual summer camp programs for people with disabilities.
This position will require the individual to:
- Abide by the Camp philosophy, “Campers Come First”.
- Dedicate an average of 12hrs/week to the programs, planning, and advertising
- Communicate efficiently and professionally with campers and caregivers through e-mail and video conference tools
- Act as a mentor and leader to a group of individuals with disabilities
- Demonstrate acceptance of all individuals registered within a program and provide an environment where all individuals feel welcome and important
- Collaborate with the Camp Coordinator to develop themes, program ideas, ensure adaptability etc.
- Create e-mail communication to spread awareness about programs to past Camp He Ho Ha campers and new campers too
- Generate social media advertising for programs to generate registrations and new interest
- Use digital tools for program delivery (Constant Contact, Zoom, Eventbrite)
- Research and recommend digital tools to improve effective delivery of specific programs.
- Create media for the purpose of entertainment and information for the needs of the programs
- Use video conferencing tools for program delivery
- Present detailed written activity plans and material lists to Camp Coordinator for approval
- Communicate program details to audience through a variety of mediums (ie. text, visual, and audio)
- Facilitate camp programs (with Camp Coordinator) for people with disabilities; providing “campers” thorough step-by-step instructions to accomplish tasks/games within program
- Submit an electronic timecard for each day worked
- Attend virtual meetings with summer camp coordinator as required
The Virtual Camp Counsellor is required to have a stable internet connection, access to a computer or laptop. This person may also be required to visit the Camp He Ho Ha physical location for an orientation and/or for programming needs as determined in collaboration with the summer camp coordinator.
Dedicated individuals committed to the inclusivity and recreational needs of persons with special needs will find this position both challenging and rewarding. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Personal experience with people with special needs, sign language, arts & crafts, performing arts and leadership would be an asset but not necessary.
A successful applicant must submit a clear Police Criminal Clearance Check by the date of employment.
Virtual Camp Coordinator – 12hrs/week at $18.50/hr
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS April 14th, 2021
Complete the application below.
If you have any questions feel free to contact:
Summer Camp Coordinator