Climbing Wall Facilitator / Resource / Administrator
May 12th – August 21st, 2020
CAMP HEALTH, HOPE & HAPPINESS
(Camp He Ho Ha)
Camp Health, Hope & Happiness, Alberta’s leading summer recreational facility for individuals with mental and physical disabilities is seeking a Resource person, for the season beginning May 12th and continuing through to August 21st, 2020. Camp Health, Hope & Happiness is a residential camp where campers and staff are on site 24/7 during their 6 day stay.
As a Resource staff, you are responsible for participation, in full, of the mandatory 3-Day Resource Orientation (May 12th-14th) and the 9-Day Summer Staff Orientation running May 14th – 22nd. Your term of employment is from May 12th to August 21st, 2020.
Climbing Wall and Ropes Course Facilitator / Administrator / Resource: “The Summit” is a 40 foot 3-sided climbing wall, zip line, and wheelchair accessible low ropes course. This individual would facilitate camper activities on the three aspects of “The Summit” as listed above. Previous climbing, low ropes, zipline facilitation experience would be an asset but not necessary. The other tasks for this individual would include some administrative duties required such as filing, data entry, etc. The “resource” responsibilities of this position include planning and organizing nightly evening as well as other various camp wide programs that are run throughout the week with the other resource team members.
Dedicated individuals committed to the personal care and recreational needs of persons with special needs will find these positions both challenging and rewarding. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age. This individual must be physically able to lift and carry up to 100lbs. Personal experience with people with special needs, sign language, arts & crafts, performing arts and leadership would be an asset but not necessary.
A current standard first aide and Level C CPR certificate (that will not expire during the work term) and the completion of a clear Police Criminal Clearance Check (including vulnerable sector) is required by date of employment.
Resource – $8220.00 for the term of employment (before taxes). Accommodations are provided for the term of employment listed above. Meals will be provided during camp days.
JOB DESCRIPTION – CLIMBING WALL / ADMINISTRATOR/ RESOURCE
Climbing Wall Facilitation:
- Facilitating campers on the climbing wall, zip line and low ropes course.
- To facilitate team building and challenge activities for campers.
- Provide maintenance to the Climbing Wall, including tightening holds, and caring for the equipment.
- Preparing climbing wall ropes, and equipment for participants.
- Ensure all participants are climbing or using equipment in a safe manner.
- Instruct users on proper use of equipment, and how to wear harnesses and helmets.
- Provide encouragement and positive feedback to participants.
- Other duties as needed.
- Attend meetings called by the Camp Coordinators or Executive Director.
- Directly responsible to the Camp Coordinators.
- Data entry, filing, etc.
- Any other duties required by the Camp Coordinators.
JOB DESCRIPTION – RESOURCE SHARED DUTIES
- Responsible for all camp wide afternoon/evening activities as well as special programs.
- To plan and prepare all details of camp wide activities and evening programs as well as host each event as a co-main facilitator.
- Work equally as a team to plan themes and programs for each camp week.
- For every camp, hand out an information sheet to each cabin explaining the upcoming week’s programs including; activity explanation, locations, expectations of counselors, timelines, etc.
- Maintain good communication with counseling staff and remain open to suggestions and ideas.
- Consult with the camp coordinators in advance to arrange for supplies, food items, themes, etc. required for a program.
To apply please fill out a Staff Application form located on our website at www.camphehoha.com under Summer Staff Opportunities “Apply Online”, as well as include your resume.
For any questions please contact Kelly French at email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MARCH 15th, 2020.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us:
Summer Camp Coordinator
Phone: (780) 429-3277, Ext. 240