Arts & Crafts Facilitator
Camp Health, Hope & Happiness, Alberta’s leading summer recreational facility for individuals with mental and physical disabilities is seeking a Resource person, for the season beginning in May and continuing through to August. Camp Health, Hope & Happiness is a residential camp where campers and staff are on-site 24/7 during their 6-day stay.
The Arts & Crafts Resource staff is required to participate in the mandatory 3-Day resource orientation and the 9-Day summer staff orientation both in May. The term of employment is from May to August.
Arts & Crafts Resource: The individual selected for this position will be creative, innovative, and resourceful as well as possess a love for challenges and have an ability to instruct. The Arts & Crafts Resource person is required to plan, prepare for, and facilitate an arts and crafts program for a wide range of ages and abilities. Adaptability is a must!!! The Arts and Crafts Resource is also responsible for planning and organizing nightly evening camp-wide programs with the other resource team members, as well as other various camp-wide programs that are run throughout the week.
Dedicated individuals committed to the personal care and recreational needs of persons with special needs will find these positions both challenging and rewarding. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Experience with teaching or facilitating arts or craft-styled projects is an asset. Personal experience with people with special needs, sign language, performing arts and leadership would be an asset but not necessary.
A current standard first aid and Level C CPR certificate (that will not expire during the work term) and the completion of a clear Police Criminal Clearance Check (including vulnerable sector) are required before the start of employment.
Resource – $8220.00 for the term of employment (before taxes).
Accommodations are provided for the term of employment listed above.
Meals will be provided during camp days.
JOB DESCRIPTION – ARTS AND CRAFTS RESOURCE
- To abide by the Camp Philosophy that “Campers Come First”.
- Responsible for the Arts & Crafts area, procedures and programming before the start of each camp.
- Responsible for the organization of arts and crafts supplies.
- Responsible for inventory and ordering supplies and equipment while keeping within a budget for the area.
- Maintain Arts & Crafts building in a neat, orderly fashion including a major clean-up at the end of each camp.
- To define a procedure that will comply with reasonable supply requests from other staff members.
- To offer a variety of activities geared to camper’s interests, encouraging independence and skill development.
- Plan appropriate and substantial (approximately 2.25 hours of camper time/per cabin/week) crafts for 5 cabins with attention to adapting and camper interests.
- Other duties as needed.
- To attend meetings scheduled by the Camp Coordinators.
- Directly responsible to the Camp Coordinators.
JOB DESCRIPTION – RESOURCE SHARED DUTIES
- Responsible for all camp-wide afternoon/evening activities as well as special programs.
- To plan and prepare all details of camp-wide activities and evening programs as well as host each event as a co-main facilitator.
- Work equally as a team to plan themes and programs for each camp week.
- For every camp, hand out an information sheet to each cabin explaining the upcoming week’s programs including; activity explanation, locations, expectations of counselors, timelines, etc.
- Maintain good communication with counseling staff and remain open to suggestions and ideas.
- Consult with the camp coordinators in advance to arrange for supplies, food items, themes, etc. required for a program.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com
Thank you for your interest. Applications for this position are currently CLOSED. Please check back in December 2022 for all 2023 summer camp job opportunities.