Barge Driving Resource
Camp Health, Hope & Happiness, Alberta’s leading summer recreational facility for individuals with mental and physical disabilities is seeking a Barge Driving Resource person, for the season beginning in May and continuing through to August. Camp Health, Hope & Happiness is a residential camp where campers and staff are on-site 24/7 during their 6-day stay.
The Barge Driving Resource staff is required to participate in the mandatory 10-day summer staff orientation at Camp He Ho Ha in May. The term of employment is from May to August.
Barge Driving Resource: The individual selected for this position will be creative, innovative, and resourceful as well as possess a love for challenges and have an ability to instruct. Duties will require the Barge Driving Resource to plan, prepare for and facilitate a program on the 20-foot barge to engage the campers for an hour-long ride around the lake. Our campers live with a range of ages and abilities. Adaptability is a must!!! The Barge Driving Resource is also responsible for planning and organizing nightly evening programs with the other resource team members, as well as other various camp-wide programs that are run throughout the week. The Barge Driving Resource duties will also include luggage transportation.
Dedicated individuals committed to the personal care and recreational needs of persons with special needs will find this position both challenging and rewarding. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age. This individual MUST have a driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract submitted for employment. Personal experience with people with special needs, sign language, arts & crafts, performing arts and leadership would be an asset but not necessary.
A current standard first aid and Level C CPR certificate (that will not expire during the work term), a complete clear Police Criminal Clearance Check (with vulnerability sector), and a driver’s abstract are required before the start of employment. A driver’s license and a boating license are mandatory for this position.
Resource – $8220.00 for the term of employment (before taxes).
Accommodations are provided for the term of employment listed above.
Meals will be provided during camp days.
JOB DESCRIPTION – BARGE DRIVING RESOURCE
- To abide by the Camp Philosophy that “Campers Come First”.
- Responsible for the Barge and Boat House area, procedures and programming before the start of each camp.
- Responsible for transporting camper luggage from Edmonton to Camp He Ho Ha in a cube truck.
- Responsible for the organization of fishing and water safety supplies.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and equipment while keeping within a budget.
- To offer a variety of activities geared to camper’s interests, encouraging independence and skill development.
- Plan appropriate and substantial programs for 5 cabins with attention to adapting and interests.
- Other duties as needed.
- To attend meetings scheduled by the Camp Coordinators.
- Directly responsible to the Camp Coordinators.
JOB DESCRIPTION – RESOURCE SHARED DUTIES
- Responsible for all camp-wide afternoon/evening activities as well as special programs.
- To plan and prepare all details of camp-wide activities and evening programs as well as host each event as a co-main facilitator.
- Work equally as a team to plan themes and programs for each camp week.
- For every camp, hand out an information sheet to each cabin explaining the upcoming week’s programs including; activity explanation, locations, expectations of counsellors, timelines, etc.
- Maintain good communication with counselling staff and remain open to suggestions and ideas.
- Consult with the camp coordinators in advance to arrange for supplies, food items, themes, etc. required for a program.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com
Thank you for your interest. Applications for this position are currently CLOSED. Please check back in December 2022 for all 2023 summer camp job opportunities.