Camp He Ho Ha runs several internal fundraising events. These events are very successful at raising money for Camp due to their pledge structure. So, what are pledges? Pledges are donations to Camp Health, Hope & Happiness made on behalf of an individual.
Collecting Pledges for Camp
Please be aware that for Camp He Ho Ha fundraisers pledges will be collected on-site at the time of registration on the first day of the event. All pledges must be present and accounted for at the time of registration to qualify for prizes and incentives.
If you are collecting pledges only through our online donation portal there is no need to complete a paper pledge form as all donations are accounted for in our online system. (You can view the donations made on your behalf through your online participant account created at the time of registration for the event.)
Please keep records of all offline pledges made on your behalf on your Pledge Form. Additional pledge forms may be downloaded from the tool kit accessed from the event portal.
We want everyone to be successful in raising pledges. If you are successful you can qualify to win wonderful prizes, qualify for free event registration, and most importantly: make a difference for kids and adults with special needs!
Here are some tips for raising pledges:
- Set a goal for yourself.
- Download the Fundraising Goal Sheet for Pledge Earners (also available in the fundraiser tool kit)
- Break your goal into smaller pieces to make it easier to achieve. (Ex: If your goal is to raise $1,000 dollars that can be broken down to be: $100 from you, $50 each from 7 family members, $25 each from 10 friends, $20 each from 5 coworkers, $100 each from 2 local businesses.)
- Make a pledge to yourself to start your fundraising off on a good foot.
- Get started early. Successful pledge earners start far in advance; but, you can still raise a lot for camp even with less time, just get out and start asking. 🙂
- Ask friends, family, co-workers, neighbours, people on your sports team, etc. for pledges. (They get to feel good helping you, they get to feel good helping children and adults with special needs to go summer camp, and they can receive a tax receipt for a donation of $20 or more)
- Ask for a specific amount. It is easier to say yes when asked for a specific amount. If the amount you suggest is outside someone’s budget, you can ask them what they CAN give.
- Challenge the people you ask for pledges to match or beat your pledge. If you pledged $100, you can ask people to match your $100 with $100 of their own.
- Tell people “Why you are supporting Camp He Ho Ha.”
- Share your personal connection with Camp and people with special needs.
- If Camp He Ho Ha is new to you watch one of the videos on our YouTube channel to see the difference a week of summer camp makes in the life of a child or adult with physical/mental disabilities or hear how grateful families and caregivers are to have a safe and inclusive place to send their loved one as they enjoy a week of respite from the constant demands of caring for a person with special needs. If you don’t have a story of your own, share a story that has touched you.
- Talk about the event you are excited to attend.
- Host a mini fundraiser. Host a dinner party, concert, bottle drive, birthday party, bake sale, paint night, raffle, or another event with proceeds benefiting Camp He Ho Ha. Whatever your idea these mini fundraiser events can raise big bucks to help you meet your fundraising goals.
- Contact our Fund Development office if you have questions.
Contact us with any further questions.
(780) 429-3277 Ext. 222